Friday, March 26, 2010

Well... it's 'officially' tomorrow...

... and that means that I resisted the urge to blog twice in one day. It was hard, but I did it. What, you may wonder, was so exciting about my day that I felt the urge to shout it from... well, somewhere really great/high/exciting? Nothing. Not a thing. It just comes back to that 'obsessive' thing. Why, for the love of everything holy, can't this quirk manifest itself in the cleanliness of my home? {insert dejected sigh here}

Ah well. I digress.

So, as it turns out, getting overly jazzed on vitamins, caffeine & 5-Hour Energy kinda makes it hard to focus. Okay, okay... maybe I already knew that. I would love to be able to report that my house is in such a state that it's fit for Better Homes & Gardens or Real Simple (both of which I love). But it's not. I did get a few things done - laundry is mostly caught up, pantry is somewhat organized, dishes are done & folks can traverse the living room without breaking their necks (what can I say... I love to leave my Little People toys all over!), my bed has fresh sheets and my dining room table is cleared off. This may not seem like a lot to some... but it is for this gal.

Now, as a reward, I'm indulging in one of my other obsessions - Hoarders. It's an amazing show on TLC. Okay.. maybe I'm overselling it. I am fully fascinated with it. It kinda motivates me to clean. And, if I'm gonna be completely honest, it makes me feel like I don't do such a bad job at my housekeeping. No, I'm not judging these people. They have a disorder. I'm just saying that on the spectrum of embarrassingly messy houses, mine is on the pretty mild side.

In Loodle News - she fascinates me daily (daily occurrences aren't news, I know). Of course, all parents say that. I also know that it would be cliche' to say that she's extraordinary and different from other kids. The truth of the matter is that each person... adult or kid... is different from every other person on earth. What I can say with confidence is that I'm glad that I'm biologically wired to be fascinated with my kid. It would really suck to spend day after day (after day after day) with someone that I didn't love to the core of my very being. And I'm pretty much in love with this kid.

So... what, you may ask did she do that was so awe inspiring today? Well... we had about 45 minutes of 'whisper time.' Not because I was playing the quiet game. No... that wasn't the case. SHE instituted it. Any time I tried to talk above a whisper, she very firmly reminded me to be quiet. What this whole game tells me is that I might have a future quiet game champ on my hands. Score!

She also is somewhat under the weather. Something every parent hates to see. But... there's this part of me that really enjoys the extra cuddles I get when she's sick. And I like hearing her say, "I need you." Also on the plus side is the fact that she's only got the sniffles, which is nothing, really.

Yowza. It's been an hour since I started this blog. Guess that's what happens when watching TV, blogging and trying to stay awake. On that note, I think I'll head to bed. Heck, who knows if this blog even makes sense. I'll probably read it tomorrow and shake my head in shame. Oh well. :oP

1 comment:

  1. It makes perfect sense. I LOVE HOARDERS. The show. Not the people. Well, I don't know that I actually KNOW any hoarders, so I might love them if I knew them... aaaaanywho.

    I applaud your "wanting to post more than once a day"ness because I can go months without remembering to blog! lol

    ReplyDelete