Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ellie M.I.A.

Wow... I'm not even sure how long it's been since my last blog. While I'd love to entertain with tales of... well, tales of anything remotely exciting, I can't. I've simply been lost in the "black hole" that is my life. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing overly fun... just my life. While I love my life, sometimes getting lost in it isn't the best of things. I tend to cut myself off from most everything. No rhyme or reason, just something odd that I do every now and again.

One thing that I NEVER cut myself off from is my Loodle. She seems to get more amazing with each day. Her imagination almost takes me back to my own childhood. Take today for instance - Our floor was covered in dangerous "goo." We were unable to step on the carpet, at all. Luckily, I came to the rescue with some "invisible goo-shoes" that allowed us to traverse the dangerous areas. It was also quite convenient for me that in order to remove the shoes (Loodle doesn't like to wear ANY shoes for too long), I had to tickle her feet. :)

She's in preschool and LOVING it. Unfortunately, she & I have been sick this week and she's had to miss school. She has a new "friend" at school this week. I suppose I should clarify - as far as Elisa is concerned, everyone her age is her friend. So, this week a new boy started at school and she's yet to meet him. According to my Loo, she had to help him learn all kinds of "hings" at school. She gets in trouble at school from time to time as she's got a very boisterous personality. Nothing too serious... just lets me know where she get her personality. *cough- daddy- cough* I've also seen her get scolded for kissing a boy at school... haven't had the nerve to tell Daddy about THAT yet. ;)

On the subject of my sick daughter, I'm a bit sick, too. Matter of fact, we're sick for the SECOND time this January. Makes me CRAZY! I've always been sick a time or two per "cold/flu season" but this takes the cake. I imagine it's because she's in school now. Makes me feel for people like my friend Amy.

I've been reading again. Reading is one of the things that I've been losing myself in lately. One of my new obsessions is the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris - the books on which HBO's True Blood are based. As I've read all the books in the series (there are currently 10), I decided to try reading some fan fiction based on the series. In all honesty, I truly didn't think I'd like it... I've tried to read fanfics for some of my other obsessions and didn't love it. This time tho, I found some stuff that I truly enjoyed. There are some seriously talented writers out there that I truly enjoy. Perhaps I spend more time reading online than I should. Okay, I know that I do. Oh well... perhaps after a while I won't. As I've said before, I'm into my obsessions....

On that note, I'm going to try to make myself obsessed with my blog again. I've missed blogging. It often crosses my mind. However, my inevitable laziness overtakes me and I feel entirely too uncreative to post anything worthwhile. Guess I'll just have to remind myself how very cathartic it can be and get my lazy fingers on the keyboard and type away. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm glad you blogged again! I was THISCLOSE to sending out a search party! ;)

    I kind of wish little M was in preschool, too, but I know he's not mature enough yet and he'd just drive his teacher crazy. lol

    ReplyDelete